Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

$700 French librarian looking for a room march & april 2017 Washington DC

edited February 2017 in Housing
I am a French senior librarian doing some research at the Library of Congress and looking for a room : beginning march 1st to April 29th.

I'd like to stay in the Capitol Hill neighborhoods but I could think about something outside of that area near a bikeshire station. I'm clean, respectful and I don't smoke...

My budget is flexible but something under $700 with Internet would be great.

Let me know if you're looking, or know a place to stay.

Thanks,
Yannick
Contact by phone : 202 813 6125

Comments

• Yannick,

$675 Room for rent in Fort Davis (Southeast DC)

A spot in our house will be available March 1st. The house is 3BD/2BA, 1,024 sq ft with a basement, front and back yard, street parking, and washer/dryer. The available room is spacious with hardwoods, lots of windows, ceiling fan, and a large closet. 

It is located in the Fort Davis neighborhood (about 2.5 miles from the Potomac Ave Metro station and three blocks from the M6 and W4 bus stops). Any area east of the Anacostia River can often get a bad rap but we have both lived here for about 3 years and really love the area. We're convinced we have the greatest neighbors in DC- folks that help us mow our lawn, shovel snow, and bring us goodies from their gardens. 

We have both been involved in Young Life, a ministry to teenagers in the community. We occasionally have the teens over for events or dinner. If you're interested, feel free to email at steffipitt@gmail.com and I can answer any questions and provide more info/pics.

Rent- $675/month
    Utilities- typically about $100/month

Best,
    Stephanie