Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Bedroom Avail for CF Oct 1st for $820 including utilities NavyYard/Eastern Market/NOMA

Hello! I am looking for a female roommate for a 2 bedroom english basement located at the corner of Alabama and 30th street, South East D.C. The room that I'm looking for someone to take, is upstairs and includes own private bathroom, window, and large closet. My roommate is moving out Sept 30th to be closer to work and I am looking for someone to take her place. This place is really spacious and includes two separate bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room and laundry room. The location is convenient to hop on a bus to cross the Anacostia river into Navy Yard and Eastern Market. On Sunday mornings I will usually take the bus over to Waterfront Church in Navy Yard. On week days, I will walk 25 min walk over to Naylor Rd station to get onto the Greenline to get to work.

I am in my early thirties, a recent Stanford graduate, and a recent Bay Area transplant who moved to D.C. last October to work as a software engineer consultant. The ideal candidate would be respectful of common areas, clean, responsible and friendly. I'm pretty quiet at home and do most of my social activities outside, ie hiking, swing dancing, bible studies, visiting cafes. I like the home to be a peaceful, friendly place were one can relax after work and call it home.

The 6 month lease start date would be Oct 1st. The total cost per month is $820, and this includes the utility.

If you are interested, please send me a little blurb about you (name, age, hobbies, profession, etc) and what you are looking for in housing/roommates. If you could provide a social media link too, that would be great! 

I'll make sure to reach out if I think it could be a good fit. Thank you!
Jessica

Comments

• Hi, is this place still available? Is like to check it out if so! Feel free to email me at percismaddela@gmail.com.
  • Hi Jessica, 
    I hope this message finds you well. 
    I wanted to check in to see if this was still available. 

A little about me: I went to University of Chicago for undergrad, Johns Hopkins for my masters, have been teaching for the past 3 years and then running all-women's coding bootcamps in four different cities across the US. I will now be working as a data analyst in a technology company in DC and looking to stay in the DC area for longer term. I am from Chicago and Wisconsin but feel that I have roots and wings from many places in the world. I am social, active, responsible, clean, outgoing, and respectful of other people's privacy and space.

Some of my interests include global engagement, cooking, creating and appreciating art, learning and investing in education programs, sustainable businesses, advocacy projects around the world, mountains and oceans, being part of lightbulb moments, and engaging with a hospitable, warm, beautiful faith community.

Message me if this sounds good to you. I would like to get some more photos/video of the house and rooms if possible. My email is Parkgra3@gmail.com

Thank you,
    Grace
  • Hi! Is this listing still available? I am looking to move at the end of December.
  • hi! Is this still available? My name is avery and my email is averytsnipes@gmail.com