Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Capitol Hill Bedroom Available early/mid January $740 - Female

Private sunny bedroom available with shared bathroom in Capitol Hill rowhouse. Available early-mid January. Rent $740 + utilities. 

Location details: 
Eastern Market/ Capitol Hill
5 Minute Walk to Lincoln Park 
10 Minute Walk to Eastern Market Metro 
10 Minute Walk to Trader Joes 
20-25 Minute Walk to H Street/ Union Station 

House details:
In-home washer/dryer (basement)
Small back patio 
3 bedroom + 1 shared bathroom 
Utilities (Electricity, Gas, and Internet) run $60 to $70/month per person, depending on the season

About the room:
Converted sunroom with private curtain 
VERY bright and sunny - I think the best room in the house! 
Full Sized bed available if needed
Closet rack provided

About the roommates 
2 Mid/late 20 yr olds. One works as a manager in a flower shop downtown and is active in her church, the other works in Federal Policy advocacy promoting progressive social justice policies for an inter-sectional faith organization. 

Happy to provide more details if interested! 

Comments

• Hi Madison! Your house sounds lovely, and I’d love to learn more. My name is Katie and my email is katie.m@mindspace.me. Thanks so much for your time :)
  • edited November 2018
    Hi Madison, could you send me more information? I just accepted a position starting in mid-January with World Vision. 
  • Hi, Madison!

I hope this message finds you well!

I wanted to check in to see if this listing is still available. If so, I would appreciate if you could send me photos/video of the place. They can be emailed to me at parkgra3@gmail.com

A little about me: I went to University of Chicago for undergrad, Johns Hopkins for my masters, have been teaching for the past 3 years and then running all-women's coding bootcamps in four different cities across the US. I will now be working as a data analyst in a technology company in DC and looking to stay in the DC area for longer term. I am from Chicago and Wisconsin but feel that I have roots and wings from many places in the world. I am social, active, responsible, clean, outgoing, and respectful of other people's privacy and space.

Some of my interests include global engagement, cooking, creating and appreciating art, learning and investing in education programs, sustainable businesses, advocacy projects around the world, mountains and oceans, being part of lightbulb moments, and engaging with a hospitable, warm, beautiful faith community.

Message me if this sounds good to you. I would like to get some more photos/video of the house and rooms if possible. 
    Thank you!
  • Hi Madison, 
    Sounds like a great place! Are you still looking for someone to fill this room? If so, my name is Audrey and would love to chat more with you about this. Please email me at andersone.audrey@gmail.com
  • Super interested! Is the room still available?