Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

$650 Bedroom in heart of Historic Old Town, Alexandria

Hola ladies!

We are seeking a professional female to join our lovely home in historic Old Town, Alexandria, VA. The apartment is in a beautiful historic home in Old Town, Alexandria. It was built in the 1840s so we are extremely fortunate to enjoy OG hardwood floors, tin ceilings, fireplace etc. We have south, north, and west facing windows that give us wonderful light. Though the bedrooms are small it's truly a pleasure to live here. We are looking for someone to sign a one year lease starting July 1st with the possibility of moving in sooner. The rent is $633.33 + utilities ($30-$60 in the summer)

Little bit about us: both movers, shakers, glass half full kinda ladies. 

One of us owns her own organization and design business. she's always creating something beautiful, usually for others. (I like her). She can give her own introduction. 

I run a coffee shop in downtown DC. My schedule varies quite a bit. Sometimes I'm gone from 5am-11pm. Sometimes I can work from home. I'm a DC native and love to explore, tend to my plants, cook, yoga, and learn.

We come and go but do enjoy a glass of wine or coffee/yoga outing now and again. We are pretty laid back in the apartment and prioritize open communication. We'd like to set up a rotating cleaning schedule to keep the common areas clean. We absolutely love the healthy environment we've created in the apartment and are looking for someone who also wants to make sure 'home' is always a healthy sanctuary. 

If any of this resonates with you we'd love to have you come by to check it out! We are showing it this week and would like to make a decision by the end of this weekend. 

Comments

• Hi, 
    First can I say that your house looks GORGEOUS! Love the decor :) I can definitely see the creativity here!

Secondly, I am very interested in meeting you all and seeing your house and making a quick decision! I am available all day tomorrow (Wednesday) if that works for you all!

A little about myself... I am 28 years old, teacher, and wine-lover! I worked for the past 4 years at a private Christian school in Springfield but am teaching Kindergarten in ACPS next year. I love a clean house and have a busy schedule at different points throughout the year but prioritize rest and friendships. 

Feel free to email me if you are interested in meeting! I look forward to hearing from you all! 

Best, 
    Sarah 
    calhounsc1@gmail.com

• Hi!

I love your place! I would love to chat over email if the place is still available! My email is alissalknight@gmail.com.

Have a great rest of your day!

Ali
  • Hello:)
    I'm interested in seeing the place and chatting more. Are you flexible with the date? Would there need to be a security deposit? My email is andrea31188@gmail.com. Thanks!:)
  • Hi!

I'm interested in seeing the place. My email address is kms275@pitt.edu if the place is still available. Thanks!
  • Hi I'm very interested in the room you have for rent. My e-mail is: Ingrid.lau23@outlook.com

Thanks much in advance!