Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
If you used our old forum, you can find your old posts here: http://oldforum.theaterchurch.com for the next few months. However, it is read only, so please create new posts in here.
Homeless Outreach Program Manager
Job Title: Homeless Outreach Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
OSHA Category: 80/83
Last Revision: 8/19/15
Reports to: Homeless Outreach Director
The Outreach Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive homeless outreach strategy for two street outreach teams funded by a partnership with two local downtown business improvement districts (BIDs). S/he supervises the DowntownDC and Golden Triangle BIDs Outreach Teams, represents Pathways to community stakeholders, and provides direct outreach services.
● Primary responsibility for the recruitment, management and supervision of the BID Outreach Teams, including year-long volunteers and student interns;
● Manage outreach contracts, team operations, and budget, including staffing, emergency client funds, transportation, and administrative costs;
● Work closely with the business community to evaluate trends, align priorities, and address concerns;
● Work closely with Outreach Director to determine strategic focus of the teams in order to manage time and resources; continue to reassess and adjust as needs and priorities shift;
● Work with the Outreach Director to develop annual goals and strategic plan for outreach;
● Support team members in identifying individuals in need of services, assessing needs, and working with individuals to create a plan to meet needs;
● Coordinate complex needs of multiple individuals within a larger continuum of care and address barriers;
● Maintain records in Electronic Medical Record, including progress notes, incident reports, referrals, and psychosocial assessments;
● Ensure quality and timeliness of data entry;
● Generate monthly reports on progress, successes, and challenges; monitor outcomes and analyze team metrics;
● Conduct trainings for community stakeholders, including law enforcement, library staff, property owners / managers, and faith communities on issues such as homelessness, engagement, understanding mental illness, and other topics as needed;
● Ensure prompt and thorough response to crises and calls from stakeholders involving concerns about homeless persons in need of assistance;
● Coordinate quarterly and annual evening counts / mapping of individuals sleeping on the streets in downtown DC;
● Develop creative community partnerships by leveraging the existing resources of the outreach teams to expand coverage;
● Collaborate with other agencies to eliminate barriers for individuals to receive necessary services and housing;
● Represent Pathways and the Outreach Team at conferences, community meetings, and other venues;
● Perform related work as assigned.
● Master’s Preferred, Bachelor’s required;
● Minimum 4 years experience working in homeless outreach or providing direct services to persons experiencing homelessness;
● 2+ years of supervisory experience;
● Demonstrated knowledge of harm reduction theory/applications;
● Demonstrated knowledge of mental health and substance abuse clinical skills;
● Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and passion for working with persons with complex needs;
● Excellent communication, writing, and computer skills;
● Bilingual English / Spanish a plus;
● Driver’s License required.
Please circulate this announcement within your networks. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to HR@pathwaysdc.org.