Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
If you used our old forum, you can find your old posts here: http://oldforum.theaterchurch.com for the next few months. However, it is read only, so please create new posts in here.
Hiring Piano Instructors
Piano & More currently has 4 teachers that teach piano, guitar, and music production. All teachers have almost met their maximum amount of students, and so we are looking for someone that can fit well with our team to help with the student load for this upcoming school year. We drive to the student's location to teach lessons and create our schedules to have students back to back, located in the same neighborhoods. Currently we teach in Mclean, North Arlington, Great Falls, Vienna, and Alexandria. Music recitals are held every spring for you and your students to participate in. A great benefit to this job is the flexibility as you are in control of your schedule. Many of our students are beginners so working with younger children will be much of this job- thought we do occasionally teach teenagers to adults. Watch our promo video here.
Who are we looking for?
We've have been getting a lot of requests for violin or voice lately, so someone that could teach piano with any additional musical talent would be ideal. We prefer someone that already has teaching experience. Not all musicians are great teachers. Get to know us by reviewing our website: thepianoandmore.com. We want someone that can work well with our current team.
- Great Communicator: communication skills need to be on point. To be a teacher, you must know how to break down a concept and explain it well on the first try. Also, if Piano & More or a student contacts you, we expect you to respond within 24 hours.
- Must commit for at least ONE YEAR
- Energizing: lessons are designed to be high paced and fun, so we need your creativity and passion
- Self-sufficient: we will send you students that you will be responsible for maintaining
- Reliable: there's no such things as "no-shows".
- Reliable transportation is a must: Metro/buses/cycling will not do with this job unfortunately
- English fluent
- Strong Integrity: you are now a role model for many young children
- Experience with children is preferred
- Teach piano/ or (instrument of choice) and music theory sessions
- 2/3 days of training- teaching model, how to become and stay successful
- Required 1 hour monthly reflective meeting (in the beginning)
- Participate in our annual piano recital
- Tutor in-home piano/music lessons or at your desired location
- Keep up with changes with our online Scheduler
- 1 year commitment as an independent contractor
- Check work email daily and respond within 24 hours
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 /hour