All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF Looking for Housing Starting in September - $1,200(ish) a Month

Hi! 

I'm Elizabeth and I'm looking for housing starting in September. I am open to available rooms or to looking for something with another female (or 2) looking for something in the same time frame.

I would ideally like to stay at (or below!) $1,200 a month and would like easy access to downtown/Farragut. I would prefer to stay in NE or NW DC (preferably not Georgetown) but am open to other affordable options with good access to transportation! I'd really love to be in AdMo, Shaw, or Dupont but realize that might be a bit of a stretch with my budget. 

A little about me... I'm a 27 year female working downtown for an anti-human trafficking non-profit. I've lived in DC for a little over 2 years and really love it! I'm currently in NoMa (NE) and have really like the apartment I'm in, but my roommates are a couple and want to move into their own place! 

I'm very laid back and while my personal room can tend to get a little messy I keep common areas tidy (out of respect for roommates and because I prefer for them to be that way). I like to cook a few nights a week but it's usually pretty low key. I may occasionally want to have a couple of people over but not without communicating that ahead of time and not for anything crazy or over the top. I'm also totally up for spending time with my roommates and am definitely not opposed to spending time chatting about work/life over wine in the evenings. 

For fun I like to go to happy hour or just regular dinner with friends, read at local coffee shops, peruse the Dupont Farmers Market (it's the best one in the city!), and, of course, watch Netflix. My classic favorites are The Office, Parks and Rec, and Arrested Development but I've been straying a little lately because Hulu's original series have been killing it lately. 

I go to church on Sunday evenings at an Acts 29 church in SE called Redemption Hill! I really love it and also go to a community group in Shaw on Tuesday evenings. 

Anyway, enough about me! I'd really love to live with another female (or 2) preferably in their mid to late 20s or early 30s! If you're interested in living together email me at elizabeth.gerrior@gmail.com or you can text me at 816-500-7460. 

Thanks!

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Hi there, 

Are you still looking for housing?  I live near Mt. Vernon/NoMa in a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath condo.  My roommate of 4.5 years is moving to Michigan the beginning of Sept, so am looking for a roommate. Her room could be ready as soon as mid-Sept if you're still looking and flexible on timing.  Rent (including utilities, etc) is about $1,200 per month.  I'm a 35 year old, female currently working on Capitol Hill.  Happy to send more about myself and the condo if you're still looking and interested.