All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF Seeking Housing/Roommates

Hi there!

My name is Alyssa and I'm a 25 year old nurse looking for a female roommate or roommates in their 20s to share an apartment or house in Washington D.C. I will be in graduate school so relatively low rent is a priority for me. I guess my budget is around $1100, but I'm flexible on that. I have to live within a 15 minute drive of George Washington University Hospital due to my graduate school responsibilities. I would love to live close to a subway stop, but it's not necessary. I prefer to have my own bedroom but I'm willing to share a bathroom. I'd also really like an in-unit washer and dryer.

I am a nonsmoker and allergic to pets.

If you have your own place and are looking for a roomie, thats great. But I'm happy to look for a totally new apartment with somebody too!

A little about me: I graduated from UVA in 2014 and I work as a labor and delivery nurse here in Georgia. But I'm studying for my masters in midwifery at George Washington University. In my spare time I enjoy reading, binging on Netflix, Bible study and cooking. I like time to myself occasionally, but I also would love to be friends with my roommate and hang out every once in a while. I'm up for grabbing dinner, exploring D.C., trying local breweries, or just watching cheesy TV shows. I keep common areas clean, pay rent on time, and I will do my share of chores around the apartment.

I'm happy to tell you more about myself, just shoot me a message! Hope to meet you soon.

-Alyssa

Comments

• Hi Alyssa! 

I'm not sure if you're still looking for a location or roommates but you seemed like you would be a great one so I thought I would reach out just in case :) 

As a little background on myself,  I am in my mid twenties and currently work in sales. As my company is headquartered in DC, I will be moving there from Minneapolis, MN.I love volleyball, running, cooking, traveling, and just spending time with friends/family.

I think I found a really great apartment setup which I am happy to share more about if you'd like. I am also flexible and would be open to finding one together too! Please let me know if you are interested in chatting and we can discuss details more fully.

Thank you,
    Kaitlyn 
  • Hi! 

My my name is Rebekah. I'm a graduate student at GW and am looking to live closer to campus. I currently live in Southern Maryland and would love to live within about 15 minutes of campus as well. If you guys are still looking for an extra roommate, I'd love to talk with you guys! 
  • edited June 2017
    Hi Alyssa!

My name is Tessa Cannon.  I am going to be renting a cute Condo in Rosslyn, it's one metro stop from the GWU hospital.  I will be sharing a room with my friend Carli who will be going to American university to study Non-Profit Managment and I will be going to GWU to study Human Rights Policy and we are looking for another roommate!  The bedroom is $1200 which includes all utilities (free parking, wifi, TV) the apartment is furnished as well! We are right next the Iwo Jima and have some wonderful trails in front of us!  Please feel free to reach out if you are interested, my email is tessabcannon@gmail.com and my number is 424.247.4019.

Side-note...a little bit about me!  I just moved to DC from California.  I love trying new things, being active, and building communities.  I love having friends over, I like local breweries and coffee shops, and I work for Traders Joes and Bread for the World! 

Kindly,

Tessa 
  • Hey Alyssa:

My name is Megan Mutscheller.  I am looking for a Christian Female roommate to share a beautiful 2 bedroom/1 bathroom condo/townhouse in Alexandria (Park Fairfax) area with walking bridge to Shirlington. Furnished room available with full size bed, dresser and night stand. Room has it's own closet, wall unit A/C & heat. Shared bathroom, kitchen, dining and living area with all appliances, and washer/dryer. The complex has 3 pools, tennis, and work out center all within walking distance. It's walking distance from shopping, dining and Shirlington Village (which has a library and movie theater), and a short drive to Del Ray and Old Town Alexandria. There's also a free shuttle to Pentagon City metro station during the week and on Saturdays. 

The cost for the available room is $950 a month (this includes utilities, cable and wi-fi). No pets please.

About me: I'm a 26 year old female. I work as an Accountant in Old Town and am currently taking classes online at NOVA pursuing my CPA. I attend church on Sunday's and in my free time I enjoy painting, and coaching indoor and beach volleyball. I also enjoy spending time with family and friends and entertaining with occasional dinner parties. 

Please feel free to email me if you are interested at mutschellerm08@yahoo.com or 703-965-1688

Thanks!
    Megan
  • Hey Alyssa,

If you're still looking for roommates, I’m looking for DC housing as well, starting in the middle/end of July.  I’m a recent graduate in my early 20's and will be moving to DC to work in engineering. I love God, traveling, being outside, running, and reading.  I’m a clean, respectful roommate, and while I’m happy to have independent lifestyles, I’d also love to be able to hang out with my roommates and make dinner once in a while. I will be new to the DC area, so I’m looking forward to getting to know the city and getting connected to Christian community in the area.

I’m looking for a room within about a 30-40 minutes commute from the Navy Yard, under $1100 a month, but am pretty flexible as to the type of apartment or room. 
    If you're still looking, feel free to email me at colleen.mkm@gmail.com.

Thanks!
    Colleen

• just emailed you - my post is under shaelynmac@gmail.com - thanks!