All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Capitol Hill room available for CF starting in July ($875/month)

Hello!

We will soon have a room in our row house available for a friendly Christian gal interested in joining three other ladies starting middle of July or beginning of August.

Details:
The room is a small, cute little thing with a nice window looking out to the street. It's one of three bedrooms on the 2nd floor and fits a twin size bed, dresser, and bookshelf. You'd have sole use of the hallway closet right outside the room and would share a bathroom with two other ladies.

The house is a completely furnished and updated row house with a small front yard and porch. We are the first tenants to live here since the renovation. The main floor has an open layout with a living room, dining room, and kitchen leading out to a back porch and yard. The basement has another bedroom, living room, bathroom, and laundry. We're located at Lexington Place, an adorable one-way street near Stanton Park.

We're close to Giant, Whole Foods, the H Street Corridor, and Eastern Market, and a Trader Joe's is opening in the neighborhood later this year. Street parking is also plentiful.

About the Housemates:
Our new housemate would be joining three other ladies in their mid-20's who are serious about community and keep things neat, welcoming, and real. 

Details:
Rent: $875 plus ~$70 in utilities per month
Move-In: Between July 15-August 1
Lease: one-year
Furniture: room can come furnished or not

Feel free to reach out if you're interested in pictures, meeting us or seeing the place!

All the best,
Sherri, Jessica, Kristen, Emily
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Sherri, Jessica, Kristen, and Emily!

My name is Emily too, haha, and I am interested in your other space. I actually currently live at 5th and Constitution near Stanton Park (!) I've lived here about a year with 5 women who go to CHBC (I've attended NCC), and am looking to live with fewer women/less of a turnover rate (I've had 10 roommates in the last year), especially from the same church. A little about me, I came to DC about a year ago on the eve of my 30th birthday to work at the EPA in downtown Federal Triangle, so I do like to "live green" haha. I do have allergies, so I can't live with pets that have fur, or smoking, or carpets in my own room (you don't happen to have wooden floors like our old row house, do you? :/) But otherwise I love living in intentional community with other Christian women (meals together, movies, outtings), and am a very clean and organized person. Please let me know if you are interested to meet and maybe look at the space together.

God bless!
    Emily
  • Hello Sherri, Jessica, Kristen, Emily, 
    My name is Alexis; I am a 23 year old christian female, young professional working as a Programs Fellow at a non-profit engaged in higher education reform advocacy until late-November, possibly mid-December. I have been living in Eastern Market the last two months since I have moved up to D.C. I previously lived with my family in Miami, Florida studying Political Science and International Relations.
    I would be interested to sublet a room/bathroom in your home from August 2nd to November or December. I love to cook and am a reasonably quiet roommate; I am eager to find a comfortable home to share for the next several months while I am in D.C. I would like to learn more about the norms and culture of your house and if I might be a good fit. I love to cook for others and enjoy building friendships and supporting my roommates. 
    Please feel free to contact me when you can, I am very interested in your home and want to view it, meet with you, discuss rent + utilities, and move quickly if I seem a good candidate. (acala010@fiu.edu) or 305-877-9828

• Hello Sherri, Jessica, Kristen, Emily, 
    My name is Alexis; I am a 23 year old christian female, young professional working as a Programs Fellow at a non-profit engaged in higher education reform advocacy until late-November, possibly mid-December. I have been living in Eastern Market the last two months since I have moved up to D.C. I previously lived with my family in Miami, Florida studying Political Science and International Relations.
    I would be interested to sublet a room/bathroom in your home from August 2nd to November or December. I love to cook and am a reasonably quiet roommate; I am eager to find a comfortable home to share for the next several months while I am in D.C. I would like to learn more about the norms and culture of your house and if I might be a good fit. I love to cook for others and enjoy building friendships and supporting my roommates. 
    Please feel free to contact me when you can, I am very interested in your home and want to view it, meet with you, discuss rent + utilities, and move quickly if I seem a good candidate. (acala010@fiu.edu) or 305-877-9828