All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Looking for Housing

I have recently graduated from Liberty University with a bachelor in exercise science, but have moved to the DC area to begin a new chapter. I am doing an internship with a Congressman from my home state, which is Arizona, for the fall and I am hoping to turn that into a job for the next Congress. I am not having any success finding a place to live, and if you can help or have a room I would greatly appreciate it if you could reach out to me. I am looking for a place that is close to a metro.

Comments

• Hi there!

I have a room available in a North Rosslyn apartment that is a 10 minute walk away from the Rosslyn Metro Station (Blue, Orange, and Silver lines). Rent is $1055/month + $30-$80 in utilities (based on the season). The lease will begin October 14th, however my landlord is willing to prorate my current roommate's rent so that someone new can move in October 1st, there would just be a little bit of extra rent to pay for the month of October.

I was also an Exercise Science major in undergrad and currently am earning my MS in Strength and Conditioning from GWU.

Please let me know if you are interested in more details.

Also, to be clear, I am a female searching for another female roomate.

Thanks!
  • Hello! I have a room available that is a 5 minute walk from the Crystal City metro (blue/yellow line). Your share would be $950 dollars a month, and $90-$100 for utilities.

Room available is 8ft by 10ft (approximately 80 square feet)
    Crystal City Metro just one block away
    Bus stop right in front of complex
    Street parking if needed, extra fee for parking on apartment property
    One shared bathroom
    Walk-in closet for storage plus one regular closet
    Laundry units inside the building, just down the hall

Ideal candidate is late twenties to mid thirties. Looking for someone who is very responsible, clean, and considerate. Move would be mid-September (flexible). If interested, please contact Laura at laurafilteau@outlook.com. Looking forward to meeting you!

Please visit the Craigslist link below for more details and pictures of the apartment.
    http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/roo/5735216735.html

• I also have a room available and it's close to the Hill! 

Details here: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/roo/5776001752.html
  • I have a room in Dupont (17th & T St) with a 2 minute walk to buses on 16th & U St, equal 12 minute walking distance from Dupont Metro (Red) and U Street (Green/Yellow), or 20 minute walking distance from Farragut West (Orange).

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/roo/5755326750.html or
    https://www.mcleanbible.org/classifieds/1-br-available-cf-spacious-2-br-condo-dupontu-street-corridor

My email is jenwells6@gmail.com if you would like to connect! :)

Jen
  • We have a room for a guy in a Christian guys house in DC in Columbia Heights. Let me know if your interested: tbreuner@gmail.com
  • Hello! 
    I've got a room available Oct. 1st in a house of guys in Eastern Market in Southeast DC. 
    (a few blocks from the Eastern Market metro station)

$1,170 + Plus Utilities.  It's a First floor room, spacious, high ceiling, with a balcony overlooking backyard patio.  It is in a house with 3 other guys. 

Let me know if this fits your needs!  We are hoping to find a suitable roommate by October. 
    Thanks!

• Hi there!

I have a cozy, furnished 1 BR apartment a few blocks away from the GW Hospital and one block away from the GW Milken Public Health Building. I am moving out, and my roommate is a sweet GW law student, who is looking for someone to take my place. Rent is $950/month and utilities are included. Apartment parking is also available. The landlord is very kind and accommodating and cares very much for his tenants. And there is a beautiful rooftop access, where you can go up to enjoy the sunset and unwind from the busyness of city life.

Room is available October 1. Please let me know if you are interested!

• Hello,

I have a room available for rent in Dunn Loring - Merrifield that is a 10 minute or less walk to the metro. The rent is $675 plus utilities. You would be sharing a three bedroom apartment with two very easy going women. The room will be available by November. If you are interested please send me an email at michellecwebster@live.com

Best,
    Michelle
  • Hello!  

If you are still looking for housing, we are seeking a female who can move into our apartment in Northwest DC, between Tenleytown and Glover Park, by November.  We are three 20-something females looking for a fourth roommate for our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment.  The room is shared, but there is plenty of space.  Many major bus lines pick up right outside our apartment door, and we are a short walk from the Tenleytown metro.  We live directly across from the National Cathedral, and we are a short bus ride away from Georgetown.  We are very clean and considerate of each other, and we're hoping to find someone who will want to share our space with us.

Rent is $713 a month - that includes utilities, cable, and internet.  Please feel free to contact us if you're interested or have any questions!

Feel free to email me at nkhill17@gmail.com if you are interested!

Natalie
This discussion has been closed.