All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF looking for 5-6 month rental

edited February 2017 in Housing
Hello! I'm a CF in her early 30's looking for temporary cheap housing to save up for a down payment for my first home. I'm hoping I can find rent as low cost as possible to help make this dream a reality.

My current lease is up and I know I want to buy soon but would love an opportunity to continue to aggressively save for that down payment. I'm a successful small business owner and musician with an adorable, loving small dog named Biscuit. I'm super clean, responsible and easy-going. 

Looking for whatever you have to offer. Got an extra room in the basement? Is your garage apartment empty right now? I'd love to help fill that spot! I'll even serenade your next dinner party at the piano

4-6 month timeframe.

Message me if you can help a sister out! 

Comments

• Hi!
    I live in a an apartment in Foggy Bottom, and my roommate moved out a few days ago. We're looking for someone to take over her lease, which goes until the end of May. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment in Foggy Bottom, just 2 blocks away from the metro and GWU Hospital. The bedroom is unfurnished, but the living room and kitchen are furnished.
    Rent is 1150, which includes all utilities except internet and cable. Let me know if you're interested, you can email me at nicolemeaglia@gwu.edu!

• Hi Nicole, thanks for the offer but unfortunately it's higher than what I'm looking to spend in order to aggressively save money for the down payment. 

Thanks and Good luck!
  • Hi! My name is Liz Walden. I have a bedroom available in a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 living room, kitchen, and pool with washer and dryer house in the West Falls Church area.  Let me know if you are interested, it's generally 900 a month plus utilities. edwalden7@gmail.com
  • Hi Laura.  I just posted a $750 Master Bedroom in Falls Church. Let's chat!  Allison.hollabaugh@gmail.com

$750 plus 1/3 utilities
    Month-to-month or 6 month lease with possible extension
    Available now.
    Easy and free parking in front of home.
    Can come furnished.

Two youngish adult ladies (and a loving tuxedo cat) looking for a third female roommate to rent the master bedroom suite of a newly remodeled townhouse. The master bedroom has a walk-in closet and full bathroom. Sunny shared main floor with kitchen, dining room, half bath, and living room. Washer and dryer in house. The community itself is on a golf course, has lovely lawns, a pool, and very easy access to 495, and 66, and Rt. 50, as well as Dunn-Loring Metro (orange line). Three grocery stores within walking distance. Ten minutes drive from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. Approx. 25 min drive to DC without traffic/50 min with traffic. Walking distance to Mosaic Center shops, restaurants, and movie theater.

• Hi Sarah!

$675 Room for rent in Fort Davis (Southeast DC)

A spot in our house will be available March 1st. The house is 3BD/2BA, 1,024 sq ft with a basement, front and back yard, street parking, and washer/dryer. The available room is spacious with hardwoods, lots of windows, ceiling fan, and a large closet. 

It is located in the Fort Davis neighborhood (about 2.5 miles from the Potomac Ave Metro station and three blocks from the M6 and W4 bus stops). Any area east of the Anacostia River can often get a bad rap but we have both lived here for about 3 years and really love the area. We're convinced we have the greatest neighbors in DC- folks that help us mow our lawn, shovel snow, and bring us goodies from their gardens. 

We have both been involved in Young Life, a ministry to teenagers in the community. We occasionally have the teens over for events or dinner. If you're interested, feel free to email at steffipitt@gmail.com and I can answer any questions and provide more info/pics.

Rent- $675/month
    Utilities- typically about $100/month

Best,
    Stephanie
  • Hi Laura, saw your ad on the NCC forum regarding housing for 5-6 mo. We are a Christian family (growing with a second kiddo arriving in May!) in Arlington, VA. We rent our first floor unit (1 bed/1 bath, 300 sf) of our home. Typically we rent it for $1100/mo (inclusive), but with a second kid on the way, we are looking at some flexible rent pricing in exchange for help/support with our children 2-3 mornings a week. 

Our current tenant is leaving at the end of March to start mission work abroad. We do have a small dog and 2 cats in the home. 

Let me know if you are interested!
    --Sally