All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CM seeking roommate(s)

edited February 2019 in Housing
Greetings! It is my pleasure to introduce to you someone who I’ve known my entire life... myself! I’m a recent college grad from Liberty University starting work in the Ashburn area. I like to have a good time with anyone I’m spending time with and like to laugh, joke around, and play games. I also like playing sports and performing music as well as hobbies.

I’m looking for a few Christian guys (preferably somewhere in their 20’s) that would like to find a place to live or people with a room available. My ideal move-in date would be in April but I can be flexible with that. Im preferably looking for a 20 minute commute or less to Ashburn but also that’s not necessarily a deal breaker. If you are interested or just want to ask a question just leave a comment below!

-Tyler

Comments

• Hi, Tyler our group home of Christian guys will have an opening starting in March.  

We have a large single room available on the 2nd floor of our townhouse located on peaceful Newton St. NW. The room is available from March 1st, and is unfurnished. 

The rent is $1,080 per month, with a security deposit of $1,080

The neighborhood is quiet, historical, and diverse, near a bunch of public transit options. The house was recently renovated and is furnished by current housemates.

Location details
    Mount Pleasant (near intersection of 17th St. NW and Newton St. NW)
    10 minute walk to Columbia Heights Metro. 
    10 minute walk to Giant / Target / Best Buy at Columbia Heights shopping center. 
    5 minute walk to slew of delicious, independent restaurants at Mount Pleasant St. (e.g., Don Juan's, Angelico's Pizza, Pollo Sabroso, Beau Thai, Purple Patch, Elle)
    5 minute walk to scenic Rock Creek Park off 17th St. 
    3 min walk to H3/H4, H8, 42, S2/S4/S9 buses. 

House details
    Marble and hardwood flooring
    In-home washer/dryer (2nd floor)
    Gas Stove
    Back porch with grill and outdoor lights
    Front porch / front yard with space for herb garden
    5 bedroom, 2.5 bath 
    Utilities (Electricity, Water, Gas, and Internet/basic cable) run ~$60 to $70/month per person, depending on the season

About the room:
    Large private room (~140 square feet)
    On 2nd floor of the house 
    Large bathroom shared with two other housemates
    Large closet with sliding doors
    The room is unfurnished, but maybe you could buy some of the stuff from the current resident.
    Two windows facing back alley.

Roommates
    The house currently has five friendly, relaxed guys, in their 20s and 30s. The place is large, and our schedules are varied, so it never feels crowded. We are LGBTQ-friendly and racially diverse. We are happy to consider applicants of all genders and backgrounds.
    We enjoy occasionally hanging out together/drinking coffee/playing board games/watching movies, but people are always free to do their own thing.

About us
    C: newish to the city, works in mental health, enjoys checking out restaurants/bars/coffee shops/museums
    F : Mgmt and tech consultant during the day. Mgmt and tech consultant during the night. He spends most of his extra time thinking about ways to not be a mgmt and tech consultant for the rest of his life. Other than that, enjoys playing and watching sports, listening to good music, travelling, eating out and making innovative cereal dishes. 
    J : PhD student at UMD, plays volleyball, likes to cook, drink, watch netflix, and eat. Usually, busy with graduate-related responsibilities, but enjoys being social and having fun. ENFP; I think I'm a Type 2 or 3 on the Enneagram. 
    V : Does cool things. Is a cool person. Requires cool housemates. Not willing to compromise on this. Loves playing board games, and invites you to join.
    D : Makes people coffee and stares at a computer screen. Enjoys bicycling, hiking, and good conversations. Volunteers with Collective Action for Safe Spaces.

Lease 
    Runs through June 30, 2019, finishing up 1 year lease from roommate moving out.

Email our housemate, Folu, at okunadef@gmail.com if interested.

This discussion has been closed.