All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Room available in North Petworth for CF from Feb 1 - $900/month + utilities

One bedroom in my two bedroom condo in North Petworth/Brightwood Park will be available starting February 1. The room that's available is in a top-floor unit in a small, five-story condo building located on the up and coming Kennedy St. Corridor. The bedroom has two beautiful french doors that open up onto a balcony that overlooks a quiet alley. While the room is on the smaller side (about 9.5' x 10' + a little extra), it has its own closet, and you would have access to more storage in one of the hall closets. 

Rent is $900/month plus utilities, which usually run about $50 per person per month. I'd prefer a female roommate, and ideally one who can commit to a year-long rental agreement. 

The condo is a brand new unit (completed in March 2018), with new appliances, flooring, fixtures, etc. The unit also has central heat and air conditioning, and there is a washer and dryer in unit. The bathroom is a shared bathroom. 

In terms of location, it's a lovely neighborhood with more restaurants and bars popping up all the time. If you like cider and/or Basque food, Anxo's tasting room is located just steps away. A cheese and wine shop is opening up in the next couple of months, as are a few other places. The neighbors are friendly, and there's the best little latin market across the street. It's also only a mile away from an absolutely gorgeous part of Rock Creek Park (perfect for weekend runs/hikes/bike rides). 

The 62/63 bus stops right at the nearest corner to take you to the Georgia Ave/Petworth station in less than 10 minutes. And the E2/E4 is right outside as well to take you either east to Fort Totten Station (5-10 minutes depending on traffic), or West to Friendship Heights Station (20-25 minutes depending on traffic). It's also an easy 15 minute walk to Walmart. And an 8-9 minute walk takes you to the 70/79 buses that go up and down Georgia Ave. On warm evenings, it makes for a lovely 20 minute stroll down to the Upshur Street restaurants. 

If you have a car, there's ample street parking (zone 4/4D). 

And no smoking and no pets, please :-)

See attached for photos of the room (a view showing the room looking out to the balcony one way and the other that shows the closet), the kitchen, and the living room. 

About me: I'm an active, social woman in my early 30's and I attend a local church regularly. I work in international development and enjoy exploring DC's local arts and music scene, writing, and adventuring into the great outdoors.

Please contact me if interested.