All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Room for CF in 2br/1ba on Capitol Hill, available February 2

edited January 2019 in Housing
I’m looking for a female roommate to share my sunny 2br/1ba apartment in Hill East, just a block from Lincoln Park, starting from February 2.

The bedroom is about 12x14ft and has a bay window, large closet, and its own working fireplace. The room will be unfurnished; the rest of the place will be mostly furnished but have some space for new things as needed. The apartment is in a beautiful 4-unit building with shared, free laundry in the basement. The Blue/Orange/Silver metro lines, several bus lines, Eastern Market, Trader Joe's, Harris Teeter, and H St are all within a 10-15 minute walk.

The lease is month-to-month with a moderate change fee (to be confirmed, but around $100) and the new roommate's share of rent will be $1090/month plus utilities, which average about $85/month per person. A $900 security deposit is required. Street parking is Zone 6 and almost always easy to find. A rental application, background check, and proof of income are required; the lease is managed by Yarmouth and the owner is also easy to reach and very responsive.

I'm a female in my early 30s and have lived here for almost four years, and I love both the apartment and the Hill! I work for a nonprofit in downtown DC and am very involved at Church of the Resurrection (Rez). I'm an introvert who comes home to recharge, so I'm looking for someone who wants to cordially share space and have a friendly chat now and then but not necessarily hang out together a lot. Bonus points if you're looking to settle in and stay for a while, but length is negotiable.

Must be open to potentially sharing the place with a cat. (Sorry, but no dogs or smoking.)

Please e-mail me at Neubauer.anna @ gmail . com if you’re interested!

Comments