All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF Seeking Basement Apartment / Private Room in Arlington / Alexandria (approx. $900/month)

edited November 2018 in Housing
Hello everyone, 

I am a 33 year old female working professional who is seeking housing starting mid to late December or early January.  For your reference, my monthly budget is approximately $900, including utilities.  Ideally, I would like to find a basement apartment or private room in a house or apartment or even a studio apartment in Arlington or Alexandria, VA.  If possible, I would love to have a private bathroom but I understand that may not be feasible.  I am dependent on public transportation so would prefer to be 10 minutes or less from metro but am also comfortable navigating buses if there is a bus stop nearby that can get me to a metro.  

To tell you a little about myself, I am a responsible 33-year-old professional who works as a program coordinator / event planner at a local university.  Outside of work, my interests are pretty varied, but I *love* the performing arts, especially the theatre, so I volunteer as an usher at two local theatres.  I also participate in a weekly game night on Wednesdays via Meetup.  Beyond that, I enjoy occasionally going to the movies, catching up with my girlfriends at brunch, exploring nature by kayaking and hiking, doing day trips to VA wineries, checking out the summer outdoor movie screenings, working out, and more.  I tend to keep myself pretty busy for an introvert but am pretty quiet at home where I recover from the day -- I am usually reading, watching television, or listening to music. 

Please contact me if this might be a match!

With my thanks, 
Candace

P.S.  If you are looking for housing and need a roommate for the search, if you think we might be a good match, feel free to reach out as well!  

Comments

• Dear Candace, 

I think I have something that could work for you!

Christine 

Seeking two roommates for my cozy townhouse in Alexandria, VA. The bedroom is available for $700/month plus utilities, approximately $115/month. You would share a recently renovated bathroom with one other girl. I freshly painted the room a calm bluish gray. One room is available now and one room is available in mid December.

The townhouse has three floors. Kitchen is fully stocked with any kitchen gadget you could imagine and a brand new microwave/convection oven, fridge, and dishwasher. Large backyard deck that faces the woods has a gas grill, perfect for entertaining. We also have a devotion room with lots of Christian books and a prayer request board.

The location is right off the Van Dorn Street exit off 95 and very close to all the highways ending in "95" (495/395/295/95). The Van Dorn Metro is about 5 minutes away by car, and a bus stop to the Van Dorn metro station is a 5 minute walk from the townhouse. An ample amount of parking and permits are not required. Near Kingstowne Shopping Center and Springfield Towne Center.

Three girls live in the house. All three of the bedrooms are on the top floor. We are working professionals who will respect you and ask that you be respectful in return. This means no men are allowed in the bedrooms for overnight stays. Friends are always welcome to stay with advance notice. Alcohol is okay but not smoking or pets.

• Hey Candice, 

My name is Nava and I am currently also looking for housing within Arlington. You can have a look at my profile to know some more about me. My budget is within the same range too. 
This discussion has been closed.