All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

1 Room available now for CM – Fort Dupont Park, DC

Location: The house is located between the Naylor Road Metro (green line) and the Capitol Heights Metro (silver and blue lines) just south of Fort Dupont Park along Massachusetts Ave SE near The New Macedonia Baptist Church: https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+New+Macedonia+Baptist+Church/@38.8703363,-76.9420232,18.75z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1smaps!3m4!1s0x89b7b91f4562a85b:0x17412f926dc8287f!8m2!3d38.8706208!4d-76.9421918. Since there is plenty of parking and no zoning, this place would be ideal for someone who owns a vehicle, but since there are bus stops nearby you would by no means have to. From here, it is a quick drive onto Capitol Hill to Trader Joe’s or Wholefoods or there is also a Target, Safeway and Giant in the other direction about the same distance. If nature is your thing, Fort DuPont Park provides great nature trails close by! I enjoy this place because there is easy access to 295, I never have to drive around looking for a place to park and it is quiet with a huge park almost in the backyard.

The Space: Master bedroom, furnished with a bed and dresser. The home has 1 bathroom, a kitchen and a living room that would be shared with a washer and dryer on site. The house also has a front and backyard. The room is large enough to fit 2 people comfortably if 2 would like to split the rent. No pets. No smoking.

Cost: The rent will be $750 + half of the utilities (which at most should total to around $200, so $100). Utilities will be electricity, gas, internet, and garbage. I would prefer someone who would be interested in signing a year lease, but am willing to negotiate other options also.

Your Roommate: I am a 29 year old electrician working in the DMV area. I like a balance of social interaction and the privacy of being able to close my door and be alone when I need it. I like to pray, cook, read, play board games, hike, camp, bike, and talk about Jesus. I enjoy a clean environment and hosting social gatherings downstairs in the home to build community and relationships. You would also be welcome to do the same. I love meeting new people and getting to know their testimonies.

Send me an email or a call/text if you are interested and want to check the place out! Jacob Munce (6O5)-seven59-88two2

See link for pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zExnpJNhkPOgLMZIywzMCD7WIN_qKFis?usp=sharing