All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Seeking Christian female to share house - $650

I'm looking for a Christian female housemate to rent a sunny 10' x 7' room in my lovely 3-bedroom Alexandria town home in a nice neighborhood in northern Alexandria.

Amenities:

There's room for a twin bed to fit comfortably. The shared bathroom has been remodeled. There's great natural light since the house is an end unit. There is a washer and dryer, internet, recycling bin, and cable TV connection (in case you want to have a TV in your room). There is another toilet downstairs in the laundry room, "aka" an "Arlington Bathroom". The backyard is fenced-in with plenty of room for a garden. There is a storage shed in the backyard. There is plenty of street parking. The neighborhood is cute and quaint and great for running and walking. For photos, go to https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/roo/d/seeking-female-to-share-house/6708635780.html.

Transportation & Shops:

My house is close to the 395 Shirlington/Quaker Lane exit. There are also three bus lines that are within 5-7 minutes walking distance that will take you to King Street Metro and/or Braddock Road Metro. Del Ray/Old Town/DC are nearby and Braddock Road and King Street metro stations (blue/yellow lines) are only a 5-7 minute drive away with free un-ticketed parking near Braddock Road metro. There are popular local restaurants nearby, a post office, several great shopping centers, and gyms. There's also a Trader Joe's and Whole Food's Market 10-12 minutes away.

About me:

I'm 38 and originally from the West Coast, but have lived in NoVA for 25+ years. I'm positive, optimistic, and social. I'm active and like the outdoors, working out, biking, cooking healthy, going to church events, and spending time with friends. I tend to work a lot and travel on the weekends.

Ideal housemate:

I'm looking for someone who is clean, considerate, conscientious of others, and a good communicator. Since I am active in my Christian church and am social, I might occasionally host church events like prayer meetings and/or Bible studies at the house. I am looking for a housemate that would be comfortable with that. I'm allergic to smoke and to cats, so I can't have a housemate who smokes or has a cat. One of the house rules is that there are no overnight guests of the opposite sex, unless they're family. The other one is that we all take turns with the house chores. I have a friendly mini poodle and my mom's toy poodle sometimes comes over to visit and occasionally stays overnight, so I am looking for a housemate who would be okay with the poodles and wouldn't mind letting them out if you happen to get home before me. 

Rental terms:

There is a minimum lease of four months, with the option to extend your lease if everything is working out. The room rents for $650 and is due on the 28th of every month. The utilities are split two or three ways depending on how many people are living in the house.  To start the process, send me a message. If we hit it off as potential housemates after you stop by to check out the room and meet me, I will need a valid credit score, 3 references, and a one-month deposit of rent for your security deposit prior to move in. Blessings in 
This discussion has been closed.