All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Navy Yard Apartment! $1235+utilities! Private Bathroom! Available 9/6

edited September 2018 in Housing
Hi! I'm looking for a CF roommate starting September 6th.

The Room: 
10x10 bedroom and your own bathroom in Navy Yard, the coolest neighborhood in DC and apparently the world. Rent would be $1235 + utilities (about $50-75/person, cable/internet, trash, water, electric). Did I mention you get your own bathroom? A killer deal for this neighborhood! I have a full set of living room furniture (tv, couch, chair, etc.) and a well stocked kitchen, but definitely open to downsizing if you have furniture you'd like to bring. 

The apartment is 2 blocks away from the Navy Yard stop (green line) and very close to a couple different bus routes. Five blocks from the waterfront. 5-10 minute walk to tons of restaurants and bars. We are also a 10 minute walk from the House office buildings and a 20-25 minute walk from the Senate Office Buildings. The building has a gym and yoga room, 24 hour concierge/maintenance, awesome rooftop pool with beautiful view of the DC skyline, tons of common space, awesome community activities.  

Me:
A 25 year old female believer. I have a sweet dog named Bison. He's a 10yo lab with perfect manners and a very calm demeanor. He loves dogs and people alike. He mostly naps on the couch all day. I currently work for a consulting firm and work from home most days. In the evenings, I love to go on runs, go to the gym, or spend time reading or watching netflix. I love a good wine night with friends. I love to cook and bake. In my free time, I volunteer with Rural Dog Rescue as their foster coordinator, so you'd have access to plenty of cute puppies. 

You:
A female believer who likes dogs and taste testing weird recipes. I'm not too picky past that! No smoking/partying/etc. We are fine with other well-behaved dogs, but no cats please! I'm very allergic. 

Comments

• Hi,

I am looking to move by the middle/end of this month. I work in downtown DC and attend PCC.
    I am interested in renting the place. Would it be possible to schedule a tour? 

Thanks,

Leti
  • Hi!

I am currently living on the hill and looking to move into a new place.  I am a recent law school grad and have been working in DC for the last 6 weeks.  Would love to chat with you more about this space if it hasn't already been filled!

Thanks,

Kathryn
  • Hi, 

My name is Helen, and I am interested in the open room. I have been living in Arlington the last two years, and I am looking to move into D.C. to be closer to my job in friendship heights. I currently attend MBC Arlington. Please let me know if the room is still available!

Thanks!
    Helen