All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Room available in Brookland 5 minutes from metro, $850 per month

I'm looking for someone to rent the spare bedroom in my condo for 6-12 months. Move-in date is flexible.

Room: $850 per month plus half of internet and electricity (which comes out to be total of about 75$/month for the whole unit). The bedroom is about 12x14, with decent-sized closet. The doors in the photo are mirrored, but I've replaced them with wooden doors b/c the glass was cracked. Street parking is easy - I almost always get a spot right in front of the front door. Laundry room is on the first floor, and it takes credit cards, so that's great. No running to the seven-eleven for quarters! I've also never had an issue with washers/dryers being used all at the same time and having to wait to do laundry. The apartment is fully furnished EXCEPT for the bedroom. I would consider furnishing it for an increased rental price if necessary.

Location: Brookland is a great little neighborhood. We have several good restaurants, beautiful big trees, lots of cute houses and families walking around. My building is only 3 blocks from the metro! There's a farmer's market on Saturdays down on the arts walk. Coffee shops and good beer are all within walking distance - what more could you want?

About me: early 30s professional woman, I spend lots of time working and the rest of the time hanging out. I enjoy cooking occasionally, but I'm not an expert at it. I play violin at church, enjoy hiking and camping, taking my kayak out on random state park waterways, and hanging out with my friends. I'm low-key, easy to get along with, experienced at living with roommates, etc. 

About you: Similar stage of life/preferences for living situations. Keep common areas clean and help out with housework (you know, wash dishes or put them in the dishwasher in a reasonable amount of time, wipe down the bathroom sink once in a while, take out the garbage when it's full, just the normal stuff). Bonus points if you want to be my camping buddy.

I'll consider pets, as they are allowed in the building, although I'd prefer to keep them smallish and not cats (allergic). I love dogs but hate hair, so if it sheds a lot and/or ruins furniture we'll probably have issues. 

Here are some pictures. They are from the listing when I bought the place, so they don't show the new paint colors (which are quite neutral, not to worry, no neons here) or the new closet doors, but they show the place off pretty well.

In no particular order: bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, bedroom angle 2, kitchen angle 2, bedroom angle 3, kitchen angle 3, living area (furnished differently now, but you get the idea). 

Email me at wiersma2@gmail.com if you're interested in meeting up with me and/or seeing the place. 

Comments