All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Available room for CF a block from Ballston Metro for $960/mo. 6-month lease, Nov 1 - Apr 30

Hello!

I'm getting married and moving out of my apartment in Mid-October, so my room mates are looking for a third female room mate to live with them in Ballston! 

It would be $960/mo (utilities included) and you would get the sunroom of a two-bedroom apartment at the Meridian Ballston building. We're looking for someone to live here from November through the end of April, which is when our lease ends. Since I'm moving out October 15th, the new room mate can move in any time after that.

I've lived here for the past 4 years and the sunroom has been a pretty comfortable size for me. A little small, but doable, especially if you have a loft bed with a couch underneath it like I did! (Those two pieces of furniture are also for sale if you're interested!) The room doesn't have a closet, so this person would get the coat closet by the front door, which is about 6 feet deep.

More details about the Meridian Ballston building: The building has a pool, gym, squash court, free coffee on weekdays, and concierge and maintenance service. The building is right across the street from the Ballston Metro stop and I attend the Ballston campus of NCC which meets in the Ballston Mall, also right across the street from our building. There are also lots of great restaurants and places opening here within the next year. Most notably, &Pizza, Cava, Sweetgreen, CVS, and Harris Teeter are all walking distance and they're about to put in a Philz coffee, Target, and many others. Trader Joe's is also right up the road in Clarendon! 

A little about my room mates:
  • One room mate is a psychology researcher with Georgetown University. She went to grad school at Radford in Blacksburg, VA, and on Monday nights, you can find her watching the Bachelorette with some white wine. She is currently studying for the GRE to prepare for a second grad degree. She attends NCC at Ballston campus.
  • My other room mate has a masters in arts management from GMU, and has worked in fundraising for the arts for many years. She loves giant monster movies (think Godzilla, Pacific Rim), comedies, and Dominos pizza. She doesn’t attend NCC, but grew up Catholic and is really open to talking about God. 
  • All of us are fairly clean and keep the shared space clear, but we’re not perfectionists about cleaning by any means. We've been living together for almost two years now, so we’re pretty comfortable with each other. They're both pretty busy, but once in a while we enjoy a bottle of wine and a movie :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.