All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

CF seeking DC housing

Hi there,
I'm a Christian female PhD student at Gallaudet University (Fluent in ASL but am hearing) looking for a housing situation... I had something arranged that fell through, so I'm in a pinch with a week and change to find a home. Looking for something preferably near my school and accessible to downtown DC where I work and Lincoln NCC. I'm very busy with an erratic schedule and travel a lot so keep weird hours, but I promise I am clean, quiet, friendly, and a great cook! 

Preferably $1000 or less, I have a school stipend and work part time. I also have a car, so parking would be great if it's not walking distance to Gallaudet. Willing to sign a lease or month to month. If you're looking for a roommate or have a room/basement for rent let me know! Also potentially interested in temporary situations to give me more time to find a permanent solution, so if you're looking for a sublet I'm interested. 

Comments

• Hello, I am also looking for a roommate. I am looking to move into that area to be closer to my job and am searching for places right now. Please call/text me at 202-256-4667
  • I am looking for a new place to call home and would like to pay no more than $1250. I currently live in Eastern Market and my lease is up on August 20th. Ideally, I would like to move into a house/apartment with existing roommates. I am willing to move on/off the Hill as long as it is in walking distance from a Metro. I would prefer to live in DC with women only, but would be willing to live in VA.

Little about me: 33 year old female, lived in DC for 6/7 years, schedule for a Congressman, loves Bravo

I can be contacted at Jordan.lane26@gmail.com.  

• Hi! If you are still looking for housing, we have a spot available in our group house in Brookland. If you're interested, please send me an email (natalie.wisely@gmail.com)! http://forum.theaterchurch.com/discussion/1980/looking-for-cf-for-spacious-basement-apartment-in-brookland-cua-neighborhood
  • Hi CJ,
    Here is also another option, I am looking a roommate to share an english basement. My current roommate is moving out and so her bedroom would be available. The house is located near Naylor Rd. metro station, South East D.C. and has lots of parking in the neighborhood. Here is a craigslist link for more details! contact me at jessicaheartyang@gmail.com if interest. https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/roo/d/775-one-bedroom-for-female/6669428736.html
  • Hi- I'm looking for a roommate for one bedroom of my spacious and light-filled 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment in Silver Spring (right over the border from D.C.). The apt is 1200 sq ft and has a balcony. The bedroom is 13 ft x 12 ft: large walk-in closet.  The apartment's common areas of the apartment are furnished, but there is space for additional furniture. The apartment complex includes a work out room and there is a laundry room a few doors down on our floor. The apartment is conveniently and safely located halfway between downtown Silver Spring and downtown Bethesda, close to Rock Creek Trail, has access to bus lines, and has a pool and grill area. Rent is $1,044 per month per person which includes all utilities and internet. There is no deposit. Parking is free in the lot surrounding the building. Lease term is flexible can be short or long term.  Apartment cannot accommodate pets or smoking.  Contact Chloe at ClpChloe@gmail.com.
  • Hey there, 
    If you're still looking - I am looking to rent out the spare bedroom in my condo. I'm located 3 blocks from the Brookland/CUA metro stop, so just a couple stops from Noma. The bedroom is pretty large, with a decent sized closet. Shared bathroom, big kitchen and nice-sized living area. Laundry in the building. Rent will be $850/month. Let me know if you're still looking and/or interested and I can get you pictures and we can chat on the phone.

Thanks,
    Anneka (email: wiersma2@gmail.com)