All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Navy Yard room available with private bathroom! $1215 Available 9/6

edited July 2018 in Housing
Hi! I'm looking for a CF roommate starting September 6th.

The Room:
A den and your own bathroom in Navy Yard, the coolest neighborhood in DC and apparently the world. Rent would be $1215 + utilities. Did I mention you get your own bathroom? A killer deal for this neighborhood! I have a full set of living room furniture (tv, couch, chair, etc.) and a well stocked kitchen, but definitely open to downsizing if you have furniture you'd like to bring.

The apartment is 2 blocks away from the Navy Yard stop (green line) and across the street from the Circulator. Five blocks from the waterfront. 5-10 minute walk to tons of restaurants and bars. We are also a 10 minute walk from the House office buildings and a 20-25 minute walk from the Senate Office Buildings. Building has a gym and yoga room, 24 hour concierge/maintenance, awesome rooftop pool with beautiful view of the DC skyline, tons of common space, awesome community activities.  

Me:
A 25 year old female believer. I have a sweet dog named Bison. He's a 9yo lab with perfect manners and a very calm demeanor. He loves dogs and people alike. He mostly naps on the couch all day. I currently work for a consulting firm and work from home most days. In the evenings, I love to go on runs, go to the gym, or spend time reading or watching netflix. I love a good wine night with friends. I love to bake and cook and I'm currently trying out a paleo+wine+DF Ice cream diet. It's going really well :). I'm definitely not OCD about cleanliness, but I appreciate an orderly house. In my free time, I volunteer with Rural Dog Rescue as their foster coordinator, so you'd have access to plenty of cute puppies. 

You:
A female believer who likes dogs and taste testing weird recipes. I'm not too picky past that! No smoking/partying/etc. We are fine with other well-behaved dogs, but no cats please! I'm very allergic. 

Comments

• Hi there, 

I am very interested in learning more about your available room. I'm a young professional in my early twenties working in the Senate and am very interested in your available bedroom. I am very tidy, enjoying socializing with my roommates, and am involved in my church community. If the room is still available, I'd be interested in knowing more and finding time to stop by. If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask! jlskaggs81@gmail.com

Best, 

Jessica