All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Senior Program Coordinator, American Studies Program

The American Studies Program (ASP), a Washington, DC-based BestSemester off-campus study program of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), is looking for a highly skilled senior program coordinator to fulfill critical program responsibilities to prospective students, currents students, and alumni. We are looking for someone with distinctive executing strengths (Strengthsfinder). We seek a candidate who finds fulfillment in putting ideas into action, demonstrating an ability to work with speed, precision, and accuracy in the process. We are also looking for someone with influencing strengths. We seek a candidate who will enjoy the creative process of communicating with CCCU students and faculty to achieve program goals. Lastly, we are looking for someone who is mission-driven. We seek a candidate energized by the Christian identity and student-centered purposes of the program and committed to seeing program goals achieved. Candidates with an M.A. or notable work experience relevant to the core features of the job description are preferred.

The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities is a higher education association of more than 180 Christian institutions around the world. With campuses across the globe, including more than 150 in the U.S. and Canada and nearly 30 more from an additional 18 countries, CCCU institutions are accredited, comprehensive colleges and universities whose missions are Christ-centered and rooted in the historic Christian faith. Most also have curricula rooted in the arts and sciences. The CCCU’s mission is to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help our institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth. Fore more information, visit our website: www.cccu.org. Learn more about our BestSemester programs at www.bestsemester.com.

Core Responsibilities:

Admissions and Enrollment

• Oversee admissions process by processing applications and enrollments using online application management system
  • Counsel prospective students, parents, faculty and staff through phone calls, emails, and social media
  • Collect and file all application and confirmation materials as they arrive
  • Provide marketing support of student recruitment efforts by managing ASP’s website (Drupal), blog (WordPress), and social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
  • Create and manage all semester group Facebook pages and/or apps
  • Provide logistical support for campus visits, onsite faculty tours, and other recruiting initiatives conducted by the ASP director.

Mentorship and Monitoring

• Support ASP director in student mentorship placements and evaluation of student work in ASP’s Professional Development Practicum course
  • Monitor 5-10 student internships each semester, offering ongoing professional development support and performing evaluations of student work in ASP’s Internship

Alumni Affairs

• Support ASP director in alumni affairs activities, including: the coordination of ASP’s alumni advisory council, design and delivery of alumni newsletter, and updating alumni records.

Administration

• Oversee and facilitate student arrival
  • Update and distribute orientation materials (i.e. student handbook, housing binders, and arrival materials)
  • Maintain calendar of ASP curricular activities, special events, and guests
  • Maintain office files (i.e. student and alumni records, medical forms, insurance forms)
  • Prepare ASP director credit card reports

Other duties as assigned by supervisor.

Persons applying for the position should:

• Affirm the Nicene Creed and the CCCU’s employee handbook and have a strong appreciation for the Christian mission and purpose of the CCCU and its BestSemester programs
  • Have a M.A. degree or notable work experience relevant to the core features of the job description
  • Be detail-oriented, highly organized, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
  • Have exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
  • Have a desire to serve others gracefully and selflessly

Application should include:

• Cover letter
  • Resume, as a separate attachment
  • A statement of your Christian faith

Other requirements include:

• Ability to work for long periods of time at the computer

Application process: 

Applicants should apply online through the posting on www.cccu.org/careers and include a cover letter, resume, and a statement of your Christian faith. First preference will be given to applicants who apply before the deadline of June 10, 2018. No paper applications or phone calls please.

Comments

• Hello,

My name is Hanna Ryberg and I have been pursuing a MA in Conflict Resolution in England, but I used to live in DC and attend the Barracks Row location. I am now finished with my studies, and want to move back to DC. Is this vacancy still available? I see form the post that the deadline is past, but I thought I would reach out anyway.

Thanks and with Kind Regards,

Hanna Ryberg