Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
If you used our old forum, you can find your old posts here: http://oldforum.theaterchurch.com for the next few months. However, it is read only, so please create new posts in here.
Seeking 2 CF Roommates for my Brand New Condo, $1200 per room includes utilities--Kingman Park
I am a 27-year-old Christian woman looking for two Christian women to move into my recently purchased two-level condo just north of Hill East in the lovely Kingman Park neighborhood.
About the space: This spacious 1440 square foot 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo is brand new construction. It is an upper-level end unit spanning 2 floors plus a roof deck, so it gets plenty of light and more closely resembles a townhouse or renovated row home. Perks include:
- Each bedroom available for rent has a large reach-in closet. They connect to a shared bathroom that will belong to the two renters (I’ll be in the Master which has its own bathroom.)
- The kitchen is outfitted with brand new, stainless steel appliances (washer and dryer are also brand new) and offers plenty counter space and cabinet storage.
- Smart doorbell with camera allows you to see and even let in a visitor remotely using your phone, while the fridge, lights, and thermostat are also “smart” and can be integrated with mobile devices.
- A private roof deck (it belongs to us and no one else!) that is perfect for entertaining or just relaxing.
- The home is fully furnished apart from the bedrooms, including an Apple TV. However, there is definitely space in the kitchen if you have utensils, pots and pans, etc. you don’t want to part with.
- Free street parking is very easy to find!
Location: The condo is located at the corner of 18th and D Street NE. It’s a short ten minute walk from Stadium Armory Metro, one block away from the D6 bus line as well as the 96, and walking distance from all the fun of H-Street, with Kingman Island and Lincoln Park nearby as well. Because it is located near RFK stadium, there’s a weekend farmer’s market nearby and exciting development planned to start in the fall. There are also a few Zip Car spots in a parking lot right next door!
About me: I’m very neat, but a fun and flexible roommate! I attend Church of the Resurrection and love having people over but also taking the time to have quiet nights in, and think the home is spacious enough to accommodate introverts and extroverts alike. I care deeply about hospitality and community and would be happy to have my roommates host their small groups, etc. in this space, but also would hope that as roommates we can all be considerate of one another’s needs. My goal is for us, as housemates, to establish our norms together so that everyone is comfortable!
Both rooms are $1200. Price of rent includes all utilities (electricity, gas, water, sewer, trash and outer building maintenance), internet, and access to my Netflix and Prime Video accounts on the Apple TV.
Move in is July 1st or earlier.
If you are interested, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to arrange a viewing and send additional photos.