Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
Music Teachers Needed: $50/hour
Please email Nicole at email@example.com with your resume and why you'd like the job.
Piano & More currently has 8 teachers that teach piano, guitar, violin, voice, drums and music production. All teachers have almost met their maximum amount of students, and so we are looking for someone that can fit well with our team to help with the student load for this upcoming school year. We drive to the student's location to teach lessons and create our schedules to have students back to back, located in the same neighborhoods. Currently we teach in Mclean, North Arlington, Great Falls, Vienna, and Alexandria. Music recitals are held every spring for you and your students to participate in. A great benefit to this job is the flexibility as you are in control of your schedule.
Who are we looking for?
The biggest demand is piano, but we also are looking for voice and violin teachers. We prefer someone that already has teaching experience. Not all musicians are great teachers. We want someone that can work well with our current team and build on the community we have. Get to know us by reviewing our website: thepianoandmore.com.
- Great Communicator: communication skills need to be on point. To be a teacher, you must know how to break down a concept and explain it well on the first try. Also, if Piano & More or a student contacts you, we expect you to respond within the day.
- Energizing: lessons are designed to be high paced and fun, so we need your creativity and passion
- Self-sufficient: we will send you students that you will be responsible for maintaining
- Reliable: there's no such things as "no-shows".
- Reliable transportation is a must: Metro/buses/cycling will not do with this job unfortunately
- English fluent
- Strong Integrity: you are now a role model for many young children
- Experience with children is preferred
Teach selected instrument and music theory sessions
2/3 days of training- teaching model, how to become and stay successful
Required staff breakfasts - every other month
Participate in our annual piano recital
Tutor in-home piano/music lessons or at your desired location
Keep up with changes with our online Scheduler
Check work email daily and respond within the day (3-5 hour response time is the goal)