Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
If you used our old forum, you can find your old posts here: http://oldforum.theaterchurch.com for the next few months. However, it is read only, so please create new posts in here.
Case Manager with Open Arms Housing
Case Manager - with conversational Spanish fluency
Open Arms Housing, Inc. (OAH) is a non-profit organization committed to providing permanent housing with a welcoming and supportive environment for women who are homeless. OAH is currently seeking a Case Manager, with conversational Spanish ability, for our Permanent Supportive Housing Program (PHSP). This position requires an experienced Case Manager to work with homeless women. those challenged with substance abuse and chronic mental health conditions, and who have not had stable housing.
Position Overview OAH seeks a Case Manager to serve as member of a direct services team. The ideal person has a commitment to serving people who have experienced long-term homelessness and to supporting them in housing that promotes their well-being.
· Support clients as they move into long-term stable housing
· Meet weekly with clients or as needed to develop care plans
· Provide referral resource linkage to support clients such as medical/ mental health and substance abuse treatment, assertive treatment teams, employment counseling, day programs, volunteer opportunities, self-help groups, home-health care, and food pantries
· Advocate on the behalf of clients
· Follow up on referral and tasks and services
· Attend meetings and trainings
· Maintain case records and services plan for each client
· Provide home visits on a regularly basis
· Meet with Program Manager regularly for supervision
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work or related field with experience.
· Minimum two (2) years of work experience in the human services field
· Excellent written, oral and communication skills
· Conversational Spanish
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to meet all goals and objectives for the position
· Experience in related field
· ability to respond to crisis situations
· Keen attention to detail, follow through and organization.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Can work independently and as part of a small team to locate community resources
· Computer proficient (MS Word,Web-based Research)
This is a full-time (40 hrs per week) position with occasional late evenings.
Required to drive and maintain a current valid Driver’s License
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Bilingual Case Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please.