All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Female seeking summer housing (June-August)

Hi everyone! I am a Liberty University graduate student who will be interning in D.C. (Kalorama, specifically) this summer from June-August. I am looking for housing near a metro stop...I would love something under the $1,000 mark per month, and it would be great to stay somewhere with free parking. I am also willing to stay in someone's spare room if need be! 

Comments

• I've got a spot in my house. Here's my ad below. :-)

Perfect for an Intern!

Seeking a roommate for my cozy townhouse in Alexandria, VA. The bedroom is available for $175/week +$30/week for utilities. You would share a bathroom with one other girl. Freshly painted the room a calm bluish gray.

The townhouse has three floors, two full bath and two half baths, a large living room, dining room, kitchen. Kitchen is fully stocked with any kitchen gadget you could imagine and a brand new microwave/convection oven, fridge, and dishwasher. Large backyard deck that faces the woods has a gas grill, perfect for entertaining. We also have a devotion room with lots of Christian books and prayer request board.

The location is right off the Van Dorn Street exit off 95 and very close to all the highways ending in "95" (495/395/295/95). The Van Dorn Metro is about 5 minutes away by car, and a bus stop to the Van Dorn metro station is a 5 minute walk from the townhouse. Ample amount of parking and permits are not required. Near Kingstowne Shopping Center and Springfield Towne Center.

Three girls live in the house (one is gone for the summer). All three of the bedrooms are on the top floor. We are working professionals who will respect you and ask that you be respectful in return. This means no men are allowed in the bedrooms for overnight stays. Friends are always welcome to stay with advance notice. Alcohol is okay but not smoking.

A little about me, I'm a 37 year old pharmacist and I own the house. I work in international development so sometimes I travel overseas to support our health programs. I am originally from the NOVA area and have a lot of family in the area. I currently attend St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church (think my big fat Greek wedding). My housemate is a 29 year old Catholic who works as a pastry chef at the Ritz Carlton (and yes, she leaves treats around the house sometimes!)

If this looks like something that would interest you, please send me an email at christine.malati@gmail.com! Pictures are available.

• Hi! My name is Savannah, and I have a room available in my house that I am trying to sublet. This sublet would be for a single room in the house for $837.50/month through July, with the possibility of renewal! Utilities are usually around $100/month, though it varies by season. 

The subletter would be sharing the house with my roommate Sarah, who is a grad student at GW and goes to the District Church. She’s a super considerate roommate! The room is available as early as next week, although my landlord requires a background check, credit check, and references before we can move forward. 

Here’s the house description with photos attached: 

This clean and bright two bedroom, one bathroom semi-detached home for rent .3 miles away from the Benning Road Metro Station will be ready for move-in for late February for $837.50/month. 10 minute drive from Capitol Hill! 1 BR for sublease through July. 
    - Driveway large enough for one vehicle.
    - Plenty of free street parking for a second vehicle.
    - Large fenced-in yard (2,160 foot lot) complete with strings of lights and small grill. Room for a bonfire pit.
    - The brand new backyard shed is large, has a light, and is connected to the alarm system.
    - Dishwasher, washer and dryer, garbage disposal, full size oven with gas range.
    - Two closets in large bedroom and one closet in smaller bedroom, linen closet outside the bathroom, coat closet downstairs, extra storage closet under the stairs.
    - Cost of yard care services included.
    - Cost of alarm system service included.
    - Full flower beds.
    - Open floor plan downstairs.
    - Brand new insulation in attic and crawl space.
    - Pleasant and responsive landlord, and considerate roommate!

If this still sounds like something you’re interested in, please email me at savannahjbecknell@gmail.com. 
  • Hi! I have something that could work for you - see posting below!

-----

Luxurious spacious studio apartment in Friendship Heights! The area is incredible - steps from the metro (Red line - Friendship Heights station), Whole foods, and tons of retail shopping. Condo has pool, library, rooftop, gym, study room, etc. Very easy access to DC and MD. 

Looking for around $250 per week, but flexible (especially if looking to stay over a month). 
    Female only - It would be a large shared space, very comfortable. I can also work long hours, so a roommate would have plenty of private time. 
    I'm hoping to be a blessing to someone who needs short term housing for any reason - internship, in between homes, etc. 
    Please reach out if interested! glc75@cornell.edu :) 

P. S. This is a very Christ centered home - I host a Bible Study Monday nights and am also as involved in the NCC community as I can be; all this to say that along with the apartment comes a great gateway to meeting amazing Jesus loving people and form community in DC!