All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Sublet for CF! Option to Renew.

Hi, 

I’m looking for someone to fill a spot in a house May-July. The lease can be renewed in August. 

Room: A single bedroom available with an attached closet and shared sunroom. Rented unfurnished. Currently fits a twin bed, desk, three shelves, and a nightstand. 

House: Rowhouse by Sherman Circle - front porch, wood floors, full bath, h/e washer and dryer, alarm system, and basement with tons of storage space. There is a garage in the back and ample street parking. No smoking or pets. 

Roommates: 

S - an ESL teacher, has been in the house for over a year. She currently attends Grace DC church.  

A - a graduate student at Johns Hopkins and teacher. 

Community: Safeway, Yes! Organic, and CVS within walking distance. Library, gas station, restaurants, bars, and churches are also close by. Bus that runs to the metro and downtown is right across the street. Other bus lines 2 blocks away. If you walk, the metro stop is 10 minutes away.  

Cost: Monthly rent of $850. Utilities split 3 ways. First months rent and last months rent due at move in. 

Comments

• Hello Emily, 

I am interested in talking to you about this available space further as this fits many of my needs! If you could reach out to me via email, that would be great! 

lisa.j.cosley@ndus.edu

Thanks,
    Lisa Cosley 
  • Hi Emily!

Your place sounds great - is it still available?

I'm 33 and work as a self-employed digital marketing writer. Most importantly, I'm a Christian! I attend a local church and was even on staff there for four years (from 2012-2016). I go to small group Bible study on Monday nights and I volunteer as a greeter twice a month at church, too. I'm from Manassas and my family is still in the area. I love to visit them! I have one little niece, a nephew, and one on the way!

Currently I live in Clarendon on a month-to-month lease, so I'm pretty flexible about move-in dates.

Let me know if you think we might be a good fit, or if you have any other questions for me! :) 

Thanks so much!

Jen