Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.
Piano & More currently has 6 teachers that teach piano, guitar, percussion, voice, saxophone, violin, and music production. All teachers have almost met their maximum amount of students, and so we are looking for someone that can fit well with our team to help with the student load for the rest of this school year and this upcoming school year 2018-2019. We drive to the student’s location to teach lessons and create our schedules to have students back to back, located in the same neighborhoods. Currently we teach in Mclean, North Arlington, Great Falls, Vienna, and Alexandria. Music recitals are held every spring for you and your students to participate in. We have field trips, workshops, and jam sessions available for our students as well. A great benefit to this job is the flexibility as you are in control of your schedule, and there’s always a project or workshop you can create to add more income.
Who are we looking for?
Mainly piano- but if you know another instrument or can teach voice, that’s also a plus. We prefer someone that already has teaching experience and knows how to work with children. Not all musicians are great teachers. Get to know us by reviewing our website: thepianoandmore.com. We want someone that can work well with our current team.
– Great Communicator: communication skills need to be on point. To be a teacher, you must know how to break down a concept and explain it well on the first try. Also, if Piano & More or a student contacts you, we expect you to respond within that day.
– Must commit for at least ONE YEAR
– Energizing: lessons are designed to be high paced and fun, so we need your creativity and passion
– Self-sufficient: we will send you students that you will be responsible for maintaining
– Reliable: there’s no such things as “no-shows”.
– Reliable transportation is a must: Metro/buses/cycling will not do with this job unfortunately
– English fluent
– Strong Integrity: you are now a role model for many young children
– Experience with children is a must
Teach piano/ or (instrument of choice) and music theory sessions
2/3 days of training- teaching model, how to become and stay successful
Required 1 hour monthly reflective meeting (in the beginning)
Participate in our annual piano recital
Tutor in-home piano/music lessons or at your desired location
Keep up with changes with our online Scheduler
1 year commitment as an independent contractor
Check work email daily and respond within 24 hours
If this sounds great for you, please email me with your resume and why you’d fit our team at Piano & More.