All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

1 BDRM w/Private Bath and Walk In Closet in Potomac Yard for CF

My roommate is getting married (!) and moving out at the end of our lease on February 25. The apartment is located in Potomac Yard, right off Route 1/Jefferson Davis Highway, and directly beside DCA so airport access is quick and easy. I would love to stay in our apartment and am looking for a new roommate to fill her space so the lease can be renewed seamlessly from the end of our current lease into the next one that would begin on February 26. Though February feels far from now, it will only be a matter of weeks until I need to tell the building whether or not we will continue in the unit. We are currently on a 15 month lease, and the renewal will automatically default to this time frame. There is an option to bump up to a 16 month lease, or lower the duration, however the longer the lease life, the lower the rent cost. We've lived in the apartment for almost 4 years, and absolutely love it. It's a Camden property,and we love the building, staff, and our life on the 10th floor. It's so private and quiet. Everything about living here is so easy, comfortable, and safe. 

The room is available in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. We have a great balcony off the living room, and the kitchen is designed with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, a gigantic kitchen sink, and a washer and dryer unit. I've just completed a remodel of the common spaces since my roommate is beginning to move her things. The apartment is fully furnished with a brand new set up including Apple TV, a beautiful dining room table, bar stools at the kitchen bar, etc, and have recently had all our carpets professionally cleaned. All you need to bring is your bedroom furniture and personal belongings! We have tall walls and windows throughout the unit and each bedroom. Our apartment is always clean and tidy, with a general rule of cleaning up after yourself, cleaning dishes/putting them in the dishwasher right after they're used, and operating with shared chores of seeing a need an taking care of it. 

Here's the details of what things cost each month/person:
Rent + Internet + Cable = $1,206.50
+ Electric bill, which ranges between $40-$70 per person each month - it varies of course in the coldest and warmest months. There are a number of weeks where we are able to leave our windows open and turn off the units. 
+ Water bill which is a quarterly charge and so low that I honestly don't even remember how much it costs (I can get the exact costs from my roommate who has the bill in her name for anyone interested). 
NOTE: Each year we have renewed our lease, they have increased our rent by about $60. I have not received communication from them yet about our renewal, so I don't have these details, but this is my guesstimate based off previous trends. The price above is based off our current rent. 

Additional Costs:
+ Netflix + Hulu = $9/month/person
+ If you want to pay for a parking space in the building, it's $75/month. So far, I haven't done it because I've been able to find street parking. There may come a day where that's not possible anymore because they are building more apartments in the area, but for the time being, we are able to save that money. 

What are the perks and what do you get for all this?
1. Your own room with 3 tall windows, private bathroom with a double sink vanity and huge tub/shower, and walk in closet!
2. Rooftop pool and hot tub
3. 24 hour concierge, with morning coffee, and frequent afternoon cookies
4. 24 hour fitness center
5. Residents Room with full kitchen, pool table, poker table, seating areas.
6. Media Room with large screen and comfy leather furniture
7. Business Center
8. Transportation benefit offered through the building
9. Outdoor charcoal grills built into granite counter tops with seating in the garden area
10. Maintenance for any requests we submit, and who takes care of preventative maintenance regularly (air filters, fire alarm batteries, etc.)
11. Dominoes is literally in the first floor of the building (glorious and dangerous)
12. Metroway bus station is outside the door and runs south to the Braddock Road Metro Station and north to the Crystal City and Pentagon City Metro Stations
13. Harris Teeter is steps away across the street
12. Capitol Bikeshare stations are outside our door (2 of them!)
13. In walking distance (or super quick drive) to Target, Regal Cinema, TJMaxx, Barnes and Noble, Old Navy, Chipotle. Starbucks, and more.
14. Immediate access to the Mount Vernon trail
15. Can throw a rock and hit the Reagan airport
16. Equally close to DC, Old Town, and Del Ray
17. The building is a non-smoking property, and while it is pet friendly, I don't desire to live with a furry friend. 

A little about me:
I am a 30 year old international non-profit professional, am very social and keep a pretty busy schedule outside of work. I travel quite a bit for my job and personal interests, am physically active and am a member at a nearby yoga/pilates/barre studio. I love having friends over planned or unplanned, and am used to operating with a posture of hospitality for friends or family who come from out of town for a visit. I am in the middle of searching for a new church, and most recently traveled with NCC to Israel in September. Our home has always been a safe and comfortable place for anyone who needs it. While this is true, the environment is never chaotic, and is always quiet which makes a good place for an introvert or extrovert. 

I'm happy to talk with you more, send you pictures of the space, and see if this would be a good fit. Feel free to reach out to me at kristinalysemiller@gmail.com with any interest or questions. 

Thanks!
Kristin