All posts auto-expire in 3 months from last comment
Welcome to the new NCC Forum! We pray it can be a place where NCCers connect, find opportunities and share resources. You will need to create an account in order to share or exchange information.

Set your notification preferences here: Notifications.

Navy Yard room available in awesome row house, Mid-December to January (date flexible)

I am entering the wild world of home-ownership and therefore need to find someone to take over my portion of a lease on an awesome row house in Navy Yard. I have a great bedroom with two big windows and a very functional closet (although it's smaller than my previous closet, it holds more stuff...go figure). The bathroom would be shared with my roommate, who is responsible, clean, courteous, and generally great. The house is updated and well insulated, so bills have been very reasonable. The kitchen is amazing, all stainless steel and granite, with a five burner stove (middle burner is a griddle - it's amazing). We have a third roommate moving into the basement in November. There is a laundry room, a cute backyard, a parking pad that will be available, and a deck off my roommate's bedroom on the second level, which she is willing to share if you knock before going into her bedroom :smile:  It's a great spot for beers and/or yoga, depending on your preferences.

The location could not be better, and I can say that because I've lived and worked in this city for over 7 years now. It is super close to several metro lines, recreational activities, three, yes three, major grocery stores (well...when whole foods opens in a few months), restaurants, beer gardens, and the list goes on. If I didn't feel like I needed to invest in my future by getting a place of my own, I would stay here forever. If it sounds like I'm intentionally overselling it, I promise, it's just because it's that great.

Gushing aside, here are the deets: I close on the 29th of November, but am fully aware that I am unlikely to find someone to move in mid-December, because...holidays. So, I'm flexible and could have the room available anytime between Dec. 10 and January. Rent is $1150 plus utilities, which haven't been bad so far. Security deposit is one month's rent. The landlords are a family in the foreign service whose father lives in Capitol Hill and manages maintenance and stuff. He's been great so far, very responsive and available anytime. The house will be partially furnished in the common areas - a lot of the stuff is mine and I will take much of it with me, but I'm sure I'll leave some as well, so if you have things you want to bring, go for it. If you want to pitch in and buy some of my stuff with my roommates, we can work that out, also.

Email me for pictures or questions or if you want to come tour the place. We're available most weeknights after 7:15 pm.

wiersma2@gmail.com

Comments

This discussion has been closed.